- 4 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced or pre-shredded--I buy the mix veggie from the freezer department (carrot/peas/corn) or even shredded cabbage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups leftover white rice
- 1 cup diced cooked pork--any sort of meat..sometimes I use shrimp/spam/chicken
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 T of oyster sauce
- 1 t of soy sauce
- 1 T of garlic power
- green onion
Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until cooked through and scrambled. Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
To the same skillet over medium heat, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add scallions, carrots (veggies) and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add rice and pork; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add oyster sauce and soy sauce and stir to coat rice. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Stir in cooked egg just before serving.