Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fluffy Pancake

My kids LOVE pancake...but for the life of me I could not make them fluffy .. They always turned out so flat and under cook or BURNT :(

I finally found out what I was doing wrong. Usually when I make pancake.. After I mix the batter.. I would cook it RIGHT AWAY. Literally STIR then scoop right into the piping hot griddle pan. 

So I asked around and many of my friends told me that I had to let my batter sit out and wait until they form little bubbles or air pockets. 
So that was what I did this time!! 
And WALA!!! They came out fluffy and yummy... I only have to perfect the FORM of my pancake. They are NOT ROUND. 

That will be my next challenge ;) 

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
2 T of sugar (white)
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt (teaspoon)

4 T melted butter
1 egg
1 1/2 cup milk
1 t vanilla


Mix all your dry ingredients together in a bowl ...and then mix all of your wet ingredients into another bowl.  Once you have mix the wet ingredients really well ...pour it into your wet ingredients...and mix them together BUT DO NOT OVER MIX.  Next, let the batter sit for about 15 minutes....that was the mistake that I did...I didn't let the batter sit.  So my pancake was not fluffy at all.

Turn on your pan or griddle to MEDIUM heat.  I sprayed mines with a little cooking spray. Once my griddle was hot enough...I just ladle about 1/4 Cup of the batter into the griddle ....try not to mix or stir the batter....

Once the pancake start to bubble...flip ONCE...



We LOVE our pancake with strawberry or banana and WHIP CREAM ...powder sugar and of course good maple syrup ;)

ENjoy!!!!



No comments: