Friday, January 10, 2014

Mirilton or Chayote

Peel the skin off the chayote then take out the seed 
Next cut it into little pieces to your liking.. I like mines in little stripes 
(I usually wear gloves when I am handling these because it has a very sticky to waxy  liquid) 

Next I chopped up some onion and minced some garlic... add a little olive oil to pan and sauté that up until it's translucent...making sure not to burn your garlic or onion.. burnt garlic or onion DOES NOT taste so good ;) 

Then I throw in my 1 lb of ground beef.. Sauté that with the onion and garlic .. Add in 1 T of oyster sauce. 2 t sugar 
1/4 t salt..1 T fish sauce 
1/4 t crack black pepper 
1 t garlic powder 

Next add in your cut chayote and sauté until it's soft but not mushy. 
Garnish with chopped cilantro 

Serve over jasmine rice 


Ingredients: 
3 large chayote (peeled and sliced) 
1 lb ground meat 
1 small onion-- chopped 
4 cloves of garlic minced 
1 T oyster sauce 
1 T fish sauce 
2 t sugar 
1/4 t salt 
1/4 t cracked black pepper 
1 t garlic powder 
Garnish with fresh  chopped cilantro 

Served with Jasmine RICE 









No comments: