Monday, July 12, 2010

red beans.....

3 cups of beans (I soak mines over night)...it will expand so put it in a big pot when u are soaking it

1 stick of butter
ham hock
sausage (I buy the spicy sausage)
pickles meat and bacon
pickle ham (u can used any type of meats that u like)
1 small onion (cut into small piece)
4 stalks of celery (cut up into small pieces)

2 t of garlic power
1 t of sugar
1 T of worschester sauce
1 t of onion power
1 t of dried parsley
1 t of chili power
2 bay leaf



Fill a large pot up with h2o --I pour in a whole gallon ...then I just throw everything in the pot and cook on high until it gets boiling then I turned it to low and cook for about 4 hours...at the end I would smooch the beans again the pot so that it would get that creamy consistency

I like my sausage to have a grill taste so I cook the sausage separately

No comments: