Friday, October 19, 2012

Food Prep











What I started doing this summer is I started to prep my food for the week...every MONDAY I would go grocery shopping and come home and start prepping the food for the week...I would wash/dry all the fruits n veggies...if I have to cut up any veggies...I would do that...like celery/carrots/bell pepper....onion...dice up some garlic...etc..


What I usually do is buy 2 type of meat..either ground meat or chicken..sometimes 3..pork chop or steak..a roast..ground turkey...or ground pork...and I would work around that...
For EX: 1 pack of ground meat...
I would dump the whole package in a pan...season with salt/pepper/garlic power/ tony...
then I would divide it into 3 meals...enough for my family of 5 ...usually that is one of those medium size rubbermaid with the red lid...then 1 night I would make...spaghetti..another night taco...and then lasagna..bake ziti..etc... so all I have to do on the weeknight is add..a jar of spaghetti sauce...and some spices...or if I am making taco..add the taco seasoning..and wala..dinner is done in 20 minutes...since most of my veggies are wash...I just have to cut up the lettuce n tomatoe ..have the cheese...and sour cream etc..


pack of chicken...I would usually cut up the pieces if its chicken breast...marinate it for whatever I need and use the bones or etc for my chicken soup ...or other soup that I am making....or chicken with my stir fry veggies...or chicken gumbo...bake chicken 

sometimes I used the left over veggies from my gumbo and spaghetti ...for stir fry with chicken and use the left over spaghetti noodles for my chicken/veggies lo-mein...

What I try to do is I try to buy and use the same meat and veggies for the entire week...steak and bake potato..then the next day if I have some potato left I would make garlic mash potato with a meat loaf from the ground meat ...

I also write down the nights menu on my family calendar and the next month I would repeat alot of my meals again ...but now that I have 6 or 7 months of meal plan...I have more variety to go from.  

I only buy and plan enough for 5 dinner meals...cuz usually I give us 2 days for going out to eat or left overs ;) 


I will post next weeks meals ..so everyone can see what is week by week meals 
Enjoy!!! 

No comments: