Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lemongrass Chicken (Ga Xao Xa)

Every time we go to an Asian restaurant and if I see Lemongrass Chicken on the menu...I would order it...I LOVE LEMONGRASS chicken...so today I had a craving for some rice and wanted to make something fast and easy that is flavorful.

Ingredients:
3 pieces of leg quarters---I deboned the chicken and cubed the meat ( I wanted to use dark meat because its more juicy)
3 chicken breast--cubed
4 clove garlic--minced
3 tablespoon olive oil
6 teaspoon FROZEN minced lemongrass (found in the freezer at the Asian market)
2 tablespoon of sliced ginger
3 chili (chopped--I lOVE it spicy so I put 3--if you don't like it that spicy..just put 1)
2 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
sliced green onion for garnish

Direction:
Cubed the chicken meat and put into a bowl. Add the lemongrass, fish sauce, ginger, minced garlic, oyster sauce and sugar.
Try to marinate for at least 2 hour in the refrigerator.

In a HOT skillet put the olive oil and pour in the chicken with all the juice. Cook chicken until done...remember to continuously stirring the chicken. Once chicken is done...add in 1/4 c water and mix again...add in your chopped CHILI and mix one more time....garnish with sliced green onion...serve with jasmine rice

ENJOY!!!!




No comments: