Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chicken Pasta Soup

My lil gal was feeling a little under the weather so I decided to make her some homemade chicken "pasta" soup. I love making this for my kids because its fast and they love it.  I used to make this soup and freeze it into little portion for my kids to eat when they were younger.


Ingredients: 
3 tablespoon of olive oil
3 pieces of chicken breast--cubed
2 small carrots --cut into small cubes
2 stalk celery- cut into small pieces
1 large onion-chopped
3 cloves garlic---minced
2 bay leaf
1 teaspoon  salt
1 tablespoon  chicken powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4  gallon water (you can add more water if you like your soup watery)
dash pepper

Garnish:
green onion (chopped)
cilantro (chopped)

1/2 box of pasta Ditalin pasta (you can add any pasta of your choice)

**** You can cook the pasta as directed by package then just add the chicken soup as you are eating so the pasta doesn't get all soggy.




In a dutch oven or large soup pot..3 tablespoon of olive oil with  onion, garlic, celery, and carrot. Saute until the onions are translucence. Be careful to not burn your garlic.  Next add in the cubed chicken breast...cook for about 15 minutes then add in your water...if you prefer, you can add in chicken stock instead of water...if you use chicken stock then omit the chicken powder and salt.  Then add all your seasoning...garlic powder, salt, sugar, bay leaf and chicken powder. Stir well then place the lid on top and lower heat to medium low. Cook for about 30 minutes then add in your pasta. I usually add in my pasta straight out the box then I would turn off the heat...the pasta will cook in the soup. Since I like using the ditalin pasta which is very small and  cooks very fast.


Season with more salt and pepper to taste . Garnish with some cilantro and green onion (optional)
Serve with crackers or rustic bread...my kids love it with the Hawaiian sweet bread
ENJOY!!




No comments: