Thursday, September 5, 2013

Green Beans saute with Ground Meat

When I have a crazy busy schedule and wants something easy and quick to eat that is a 1 pot meal and ...that the KIDS love ...I usually make my green beans with ground meat...and serve it over jasmine rice..


Ingredients:
1 lb of french green beans (I usually blanch them first before I add them to the ground meat)
2 T oyster sauce
4 cloves of garlic (diced)
1 small onion diced
1 lb of ground meats (I have used turkey and beef---both are very good)
1/2 teaspoon of crack black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
2 teaspoon of sliced green onion (garnish)


First you blanch your green beans then set it aside.

In a saute pan ...you add your oil, garlic and onion. Once the onion is translucent you add in your ground meat. Cook it for about 5 minutes..breaking up all the little pieces and bits. Season with oyster sauce, garlic powder, sugar and pepper.  Cook for another 10-15 minutes then toss in your blanch green beans and give it a good toss...turn off the stove and garnish with some sliced green onion and some more crack pepper.
Serve over jasmine rice...
ENJOY!!!

No comments: