Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Creamy Potato Salad

Today before I dropped the kids off at school my son asked me to make GUMBO for dinner...so after I dropped them off..I headed for the grocery store. I picked up everything that I needed for the gumbo but felt like I was missing something...so I walked around then I had an "a ha" moment...I was craving potato salad. I love potato salad when I am BBQing and with my gumbo. I know its weird but I like to scoop a spoonful of potato salad then dunk it in my bowl of gumbo ;)


INGREDIENTS:
6 russel potato-large
6 hard boiled eggs
1 celery stalk--chopped into little pieces
1 small red onion --chopped
1 C mayo (you can add more if you like)
1 Tablespoon mustard
2 Tablespoon relish (optional)
2 Tablespoon sour cream (optional)
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon crack black pepper
dash sugar
crumple BACON (optional)
paprika (garnish)
sliced green onion (garnish)


INSTRUCTION:
1. Rinsed and boiled your the potato whole with SKIN.  Cook for about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your potato. Once it is cooked...peel and cubed
2. Peel the boiled eggs (12 minutes--I usually drop it in my boiled potato pot ) then sliced into little pieces
3. Combine the red onion, celery, mayo, mustard, relish, sour cream and all the seasoning (except the paprika). Mix well...then pour over the potato and egg mixture...mix well then garnish with paprika and green onion...

*** sometimes I add bacon and diced jalapeno --for a little kick ;)

ENJOY!!!






No comments: