Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Meal Planning

Meal Planning--September 9-September 15, 2013


I got all of my necessity for this weeks meal...I am so happy that the kids are back to school and now I can go back to meal planning for the week. During the summer we were so busy with swimming lessons ...mini vacations...having unplanned play dates that I DID not plan any of my meals for the week...I just went with the flow...also it was just too hot to stay in the kitchen for long. Plus having the kids home 24/7 they were continually hungry...



Usually I would go grocery shopping after I drop all the kids off to school on Monday...I would come home and start preparing the week meals.

Every week I usually buy ground meat (beef) the amount is usually depended on what I am making that particular week. This week I am making 4 meals that consist of ground beef so I bought 6lbs...I came home and empty all 6 lbs into my Le Creuset and seasoned with 2 tablespoon of Tony Chacher's, 2 tablespoon of garlic powder, 1 large onion (finely diced) and 6 cloves of garlic (minced) . I would brown it threw then portion them out to 4 different containers for the week meals.


This Weeks Meals:
Monday--Chili (kids are having chili dogs) with a Caesar salad
Tuesday--bake chicken (I used the Weber--Garlic and Herb marinade mix)  served with steam broccoli and jasmine rice 
Wednesday--Taco (soft and hard) with butter corn
Thursday---Lasagna roll with mix salad 
Friday--Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo with potato salad and grill cheese sandwich
Saturday--Salty minced ground  beef with Jasmines rice 
Sunday--Potato Soup 



No comments: