Monday, September 9, 2013

Chili

Ingredients:
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 pounds of ground beef
1 large onion (finely chopped)
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tablespoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
2 can of kidney beans (14 oz)
1 can crush (28 oz)  tomato sauce
1 can diced tomato sauce ( I used the fired roasted--Rotel is great too)
1/2 can chipotle in adobe (puree)
2 teaspoon oregano
1 jalapenos (diced)
1 cup beef broth or 1 cup of beer (I didn't have beer so I used beef broth)
1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper (optional--I add this in after I took out some for the kids)

***I puree my adobe with the diced tomato instead of having to add water to the adobe***

Garnish:
Cheese ( I used the Mexican blend)
Red Onion (finely diced)
Cilantro
Jalapenos



DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add your ground meat, chopped onions and minced garlic. Cooked until slightly browned.
2. Add in your spices and tomato sauces and the adobe puree. Cook for another 5 minutes until fragrant.
3. To the pot add in your beef broth (or beer) the drained kidney beans. Stir well to combine...then place the lid on and cook for 60-90 minutes...REMEMBER to stir occasionally to prevent chili from sticking to the bottom of the pot.

4. Garnish with cheese, red onion, cilantro and sliced jalapenos.


*** You can also serve over hotdogs***



**I separated out a huge portion for the kids and then I added more cayenne pepper and jalapenos to the rest of the pot ...since hubby and I like it spicy**


ENJOY!!!






All the ingredients  I used in my chili (I used the Hunt's brand tomato sauce for chili)



Dutch oven--browning my ground meat with onion and garlic






                        Chili Dog 

No comments: