Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sausage and Brussel Sprouts

Ingredients:
2 lb of brussels sprout
1 lb sausage--cut into 1/2in pieces  ( I used the spicy sausage so I don't really have to add alot of seasonings since the sausage is so flavorful)
1 small onion sliced really thin
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
dash of salt

2 tablespoon of olive oil


washing my brussels sprout 



blanching them for about 7 minutes..then take them out and shock them..I only cut the really big ones in half. add a teaspoon of salt to the water ;) 




after I shocked them ...I just set it aside






cut the sausage in 1/2 inch pieces. saute sausage with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sliced white onion and minced garlic


cook for about 10 minutes until the sausage is golden brown and onions are translucent (be careful not to burn the garlic so low the heat to medium-low)



add the cooked brussels sprout and give it a good toss...add about 1/4 teaspoon of cracked black pepper (if you like it a little saltier then add a dash of salt) ...then turn off the stove...you don't want the brussels sprout to get soggy ...I like it with a little crunch ;)

WALA!!  ENJOY ;) 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's the first time I see Bussel Sprouts. Vietnam don't have