- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (if you like it more cinnamon...you can add 1 1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 cups APF
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 3 large mashed bananas
- 1 cup of walnut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat the shortening, in a large mixer bowl, until creamy. Gradually add the white sugar and brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until well incorporated. In another separate bowl...mashed the bananas until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder,cinnamon, salt and 3/4 cup of walnut(saving the 1/3 for topping)
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour to the creamed shortening mixture, then add in your mashed bananas. Combine well.
- Then pour batter evenly into a greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining walnuts on top and bake for 50-55 minutes or until done. (A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.)
- You can also used a muffin pan ....just remember to grease it and bake for only 20 minutes.
- Let this cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan