Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Roll with Nem Nuong

When I am planning my meals for the week ...I try to make food that are in the same group or use the same ingredients for the week so that I only have to buy a few items but make multi meals with them and they don't go to waste. Last night dinner we had Banh Xeo (Asian crepe) filed with pork and shrimp and eaten with lots of lettuce, cucumber and bean sprouts and lots of herbs. And dip with NUOC MAN (fish sauce).
So today I used the extra piece of pork (boiled it) that I had bought and the other 2 lbs of shrimp (boiled). I used the nuoc man (fish sauce ) and all the lettuce, cucumber, bean sprout and herbs (cilantro, basil and mint leafs).
Spring Roll:
Rice paper (wrapper)
Vermiculite noodles
Lettuce
Cilantro
Basil
Mint
Bean sprout
Cucumber (sliced thinly)
Boiled pork (thinly sliced)
Boiled shrimp (peel and devein and slit in half)
Nem Nuong (I baked it for 45 minutes then sliced thinly and garnish with dried onions and crush peanuts)
Dipping sauce (nuoc man)

ENJOY!!!

















1 comment:

Suzanne Dias said...

Can't wait to try thia.