Monday, April 22, 2013

Taco Salad

My kids didn't have school today because they had their spring festival this past weekend. Which means I can't make it to the grocery store and my errands are very limited. Therefore I need to make all my meals quick and easy...so when I am press for time and need to make something quick for the kids... I usually make tacos...
Ground meat and a bottle of salsa ;)



Ingredients:
2 lb of ground meat
1 T garlic powder
1 t Tony Chachere
1 small onion diced
2 T Taco Seasoning

Saute meat with 2 T of olive oil and onion on medium heat in a large sauté pan ... Next add all your seasoning and cook for about 20 minutes then add in a huge jar of pace chunky mild picayune salsa. I like to use the salsa because it has all of your veggies in it.. Bell pepper.. Tomato..etc. Cook for another 10 minutes. My kids like to make taco salad.. Crush up the taco shell.. layer of meat then cheese!!


*Serve taco with diced tomato, Mexican cheese, shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa and I love to add jalapeño to my taco for that extra kick.

*** you can also serve it up with a side of guacamole *** recipe also on blog

Today I wanted to make something fun for the kids and keep them entertained so I let them help me make these tortilla bowls.

***How I made my taco bowl (shell)
I took a flour tortilla and put it in a cake pan n fold it into a mold.. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes until its nice and crispy.


No comments: